We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers. - I Thessalonians 1:2


Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Taking back the weekend

So, in my career quest of the past 4 years, I've had some huge ups and downs. And after 3+ years in full time retail, I've finally attained a wonderful job and I'm taking back the weekend. It was wonderful in the last part of 2007, it was nice to chill with Mel and prepare for the new addition. We also took advantage of the free time by playing the Wii. Now we are happy to be entertaining our wonderful daughter on the weekend. In either situation, it is great to have that feeling of a set weekend that I can look forward to, that I can get rest from. Even if I have something with TNT on the weekend, it doesn't feel like work. So, it doesn't change the wonderfulness that is Saturday and Sunday.

It is also wonderful to have all of the same time off with Mel. So many times in the retail world, I would have the opposite schedule of her workdays, and I might have a week where I only saw her in the morning for 30 minutes, 5 days of the week. Having dinner together every night was such a foreign thing for me that it was hard to get used to the first month. But now that I've been on this schedule for a while, I relish every night I'm with my girls.

And let's be honest, who wouldn't want to come home to this on the weekends?

- Papa E

No comments: