We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers. - I Thessalonians 1:2


Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

One Month Stats

Brennan had his one-month checkup today and our pediatrician said he's just perfect (I'm pretty sure she says that every baby though). He weighs in at 9 lbs 2 oz (falling between the 25th and 50th percentiles) and is 21 inches long (25th percentile). He's definitely smaller than Cate was at this age, but then again, he also came out almost 2 weeks earlier than Cate did. And he's got plenty of time to grow. I'm just proud of the fact that he's gained over 2 pounds since his birth day. I promise no growth hormones go into my milk. :-)Cate goes for her 3 year checkup in a couple of weeks. I'm not sure what all it entails, but I'm pretty sure she's healthy. My only concern at this point is potty-training. She's not freaked out by the potty anymore and will gladly sit on it after each diaper change. Unfortunately, she has yet to actually put any of her business (#1 or #2) in the potty. The constipation issues and subsequent Miralax regimen she was put on in the fall set us back a little bit. I know she won't be in diapers forever, but some days I feel like she's the only almost 3 year old still wearing diapers. And it's not for lack of trying, because I feel like we've tried just about every strategy in the books. She is just stubborn (not unlike her mother).
She continues to be a proud big sister (she loves when they both wear their penguin shirts).

My one-month post-partum checkup is tomorrow. I haven't really exercised at all since having Brennan because I didn't want to risk undoing any of my stitches from the incision. I'm hoping to get the all clear tomorrow so I can at least get back on the treadmill or the bike trainer once or twice a week. Not that chasing a pre-schooler and tending to a newborn aren't workouts themselves. I did have to get my incision checked about 2 weeks post-partum and was already down about 20 pounds (roughly half of what I gained). Granted, 7 of that was Brennan and a few others of those were all the other lovely things that cause weight loss right after giving birth. The other 20 will be a little harder to lose. I just keep reminding myself that it's a marathon, not a sprint.

With Cate, I was back to my pre-pregnancy weight at 10ish weeks post-partum. But I was definitely not in the same pre-pregnancy shape. Some of my clothes didn't really fit again until I quit breastfeeding her when she was a year old. I kind of expect the same this time around too. I wasn't in as great of shape pre-pregnancy this time though (in the months before getting pregnant with Cate, I ran 2 half marathons, 1 full marathon, and countless 5 and 10K races). To be honest, I didn't see much point in spending time away from Cate, at the gym, to get back in shape when I knew we'd have at least one more kid and I'd just have to do it all again. This time though, since I'm pretty sure we're stopping here with two, I think the gym and I might rekindle our relationship. But first, we'll have to see how tomorrow's checkup goes.

~Melody :-)

No comments: