We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers. - I Thessalonians 1:2


Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Mommy/Daughter Date

After Friday's fail of a first outing, it became clear that Cate was in need of some serious one-on-one time with Mommy. Abby Girl Sweets, a local cupcakery, used to be a couple of miles away in a neighborhood that borders ours. But for some reason, they closed up shop and moved downtown. My sweet girl loves her some cupcakes (and so does Mommy), so I would've driven farther than downtown to get her a good cupcake on our mommy/daughter date. We picked out our cupcakes--vanilla buttercream for her and cookies and cream for me--and sat down to enjoy.There's nothing like time with my girl and a good cupcake.
I think our little outing did both of our souls some good. Definitely a Saturday well spent. Eric got to hang out with his little wingman, I got some time with my girl, and I think we're going to keep these dates pretty regular. Cate's already asking to go back. I think I'm going to have to find some other sweet shops/bakeries for us to visit.

~Melody :-)

2 comments:

Jenny Leitsch said...

I'm so glad you got to bond with your sweet girl. I know this transition time will have its ups and downs, but it sounds like you and Eric are doing a great job working together - keep it up! I can't wait to be in Cincy this summer to help with Cate and Brennan and go on fun outings together. Love and miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like fun!