We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers. - I Thessalonians 1:2


Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

C is For....

Well, the avid Sesame Street fan in our household, whose name also happens to begin with C, would tell you that the monster himself says "C is for cookie."

But today, C is for cupcake...or "pupcake" as Cate calls them.

You see, it started with this book:
I've had my eye on it for awhile and just recently used a Target gift card that I got for my birthday to buy it (only to find out there is a sequel...my GC didn't cover both). The main reason for getting it? Well, this summer (or some weekend) I want to make my penguin-obsessed little peanut some of these:
Naturally, once Cate saw me with the book, she wanted to go home and make "pupcakes." It's a school day, I am tired, so I bought the box mix and canned frosting so we could still make some this afternoon. She helped me line the muffin tin.She helped me hold the hand mixer while it did its job (no pictures of that since I had to keep a hand on the mixer too). She watched while I spooned the mix in and said "that's enough Mommy" when she thought each liner looked full. Then she watched.
She also had fun playing with the box.
The cupcakes are yummy and thankfully we've got plenty of friends and neighbors to share them with.

The decorating instructions look pretty simple, so I'm hoping to make some of these quite often this summer. Obviously the penguins will be first.

~Melody :-)

And yes, I know I haven't been blogging as often as I normally do. But I'm a big believer in not being on the computer for more than a couple of minutes if Cate's awake. I'm selfish with my time with her. My computer time once she's asleep has lately been consumed by trying to figure out more with Photoshop Elements (which also explains why today's pictures are unedited and straight-out-of-camera).

1 comment:

wrensmommy said...

i have that book too! (though i haven't had opportunity to make anything super cute yet.)

those pupcakes are sooo adorable!