We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers. - I Thessalonians 1:2


Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

We've come a long long way together. . .

So, I would really like to know how I got from this,


to this,


Let me explain. The top picture is of my incredibly dorky self the night I met the beautiful woman that is now my wife and the mother of my unborn child. It was a little invention we then liked to call the "Holy Roller Derby" for all those who were involved in such random acts of Christian fun. We had seen each other around campus, and other places, but this is when we first officially met. How did I end up married with a house, a job and a kid on the way after that? Because of two things; 1) the grace of God, and 2) the patience, character and love of the most wonderful woman alive. If we didn't meet that night, then it all may never have even started. Thanks to God for making me look like a complete idiot, and starting me out on the best years of my life.

Oh, and for those of you that want them, I've got incriminating photos of others that night too. But I'll protect their privacy, so you'll have to email me to see them.

- Papa Riggs

1 comment:

Ryan said...

HA- HAHAH- HAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHA! I rememeber taking that pic:) And I swear if you release those photos of which you...and I'm sure erroneously..claim to have stashed away in some mothballed shoebox, I WILL....do something. I haven't thought of what yet, but you know my imagination. Something gruesome;) By the way, I like the new name with which you've christened yourself:)