We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers. - I Thessalonians 1:2


Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 25, 2012

My Favorite Porch

Last week, my mom was on her spring break and came for a visit. I took a half day off of school on Tuesday so we could head to my favorite front porch for the afternoon. We finally got to meet my cousin's sweet little boy. Cate and Brennan had fun exploring the backyard. Brennan is so close to walking, but just isn't quite there yet. That boy has had some dirty knees lately since he's been crawling all over outside.
We've been having some unseasonably warm weather lately, which has been nice. I'll take an early spring over late winter snow any day (even when late winter snow means snow days or delays....neither of which we've had this year- a first in my 8 years of teaching). It was hot enough on Tuesday to bust out one of the many baby pools in my great aunt's garage.
But it wasn't so hot we were uncomfortable sitting around and visiting.
I'm on spring break this week, as is Cate, and am looking forward to the extra time with my kiddos.

And on the gall bladder front, my tests were all normal. So at this point the doctor isn't sure what to do. I've got a new medicine to take before bedtime (since most of the time I'd wake up in the middle of the night with issues). The nice side effect of the medicine is that it makes you drowsy-- so I've gotten some pretty solid sleep the last few nights. The doctor will see me again in a month to see if things are improving, which they have been ever so slightly with each passing week. He thinks it might be viral or bacterial and something we just have to wait out (the ulcer didn't help things). So we'll see. By now I know which foods seem to give me problems and am just avoiding them. I'm allowed to start eating them again, but I figure I'll try again in the summer, when I don't have to teach 106 eighth graders if I feel like junk. On the bright side, I'm pretty much rockin' the skinny jeans.

Happy spring to you!

~Melody :-)

No comments: