We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers. - I Thessalonians 1:2


Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Fall Break

I've been noticing a theme with my posts of late-- fall. I think it's because we're so enjoying this season. There have been lots of pumpkin spiced lattes, caramel apples, fleece jackets, and boots around these parts. Last week I had a fall break (Friday off). However, my break got an early start when I was out of school Wednesday and Thursday with a bad case of strep. Once the antibiotics kicked in though, we were able to head to Hudson to visit my parents on Thursday afternoon, as planned.

We spent the weekend relaxing with my parents, brother, and sister. My mom and I went shopping. I don't think we've really shopped like that (both of trying on clothes for ourselves) since I was in college. It was wonderful. And I came home with three cute dresses-- two winter-ish ones and one for spring (I couldn't pass it up, it was $9.97). And of course some clothes for the kids too. When we visited last year around this time, we took Cate to a local farmer's market to get a pumpkin. Brennan was still very much a pumpkin growing inside of me. This year, we went again for some fall fun. This was the only time I really took pictures while we were in Hudson. Here are a few of my favorites:











I'm back in the swing of things at work and feeling better. My next break isn't until Thanksgiving. We've got a lot going on between now and then, so I'm sure the weeks will fly by. I'm savoring the fall because I know snow and cold are just around the corner.

~Melody :-)

2 comments:

Carly said...

I really like your family picture, everyone looks cute, which is hard with little ones. Glad you were able to make a trip to Hudson.

The Palmer Family Blog said...

Cute pics! I am loving fall too -so much to do with little ones!