We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers. - I Thessalonians 1:2


Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, June 2, 2008

Ready to come home

So, After a pretty long weekend with expansive views, sheer cliffs, exhaustion and sunburn and a smattering of emotin, I am ready to come home. The team did very well. Overall, the Society raised about 7.5 million for this one event, and brought about 1800 riders from across the country. When I was driving yesterday, I was kind of worried about some of the climbs for our participants, but after the hills of Lebanon and Wilmington, they had no problems with Emerald Bay and Spooner. And I was thinking that I would be out a little longer but everyone from TNT came in within about 13 hours. In Tucson they were out for closer to 16. But after talking with Ryan and talking to mel everyday, and hearing Cate's little cries in the background for almost 4 days now, I am ready to come home, and enjoy some time off with the fam.





I will admit, however, that even a long weekend away is still a better work arrangement than when I worked in retail. At most stores I worked, I would have at least 2, if not 3 or 4 night shifts a week, and there would be some weeks where I would only get to see Mel for 30 minutes in the morning. Now I am working for something that is a great cause, and I get to see my family a lot!! God has blessed me and my family.






For now, I will leave you with some pictures from the lake. They can't really do justice to the breathtaking expansiveness of it all, but they look great, just the same.



- Papa E

No comments: