We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers. - I Thessalonians 1:2


Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Love, Love, Love

Today was pretty much a big ol' celebration of love at the Riggs house. I realize the cynics out there will try to tell you that it should be Valentine's Day every day. We tell each other we love one another multiple times a day. And say it to our kids multiple times a day. And while we don't go "all out" for Valentine's Day, the sap in both of us loves that there is a day on the calendar totally dedicated to love. Who cares if it means roses are twice the price?

Speaking of roses, these were delivered to work, from my handsome man. It totally made me smile and made my day. :-) I definitely wasn't expecting these as Eric is typically a give-flowers-on-random-days-just-because kind of guy. Not a buy-roses-on-Valentine's-Day-and-have-them-delivered kind of guy. He continued his tradition of getting flowers for the number 2 girl in his life-- one rose for each Valentine's Day that she's stolen his heart-- we're up to five now (she was 9 days old on her first Valentine's Day).
Handsome hubby also knows that mama loves to color with her sweet girl. So he got a coloring book for mama. I LOVE IT! So fun!In my quest to help handsome hubby out in the SAHD wardrobe department, I got him a sweater at H & M, which looks fantastic on him. And of course, we had to add to his vinyl collection-- Hey Jude from the Beatles and a two record set of Sinatra, which was the soundtrack to dinner this evening.
The kids enjoyed their gifts from us and gifts from Nanny and Poppy. Cate did better with the little girl Legos than I thought. She needed some help, but then took some of it apart and put it back together again. She has some birthday money to spend and kind of wants another set or two. We'll see. We're still trying to find places for her to play Playmobil where Brennan can't get tiny parts; Legos will only add to that issue.

And while we're on the subject of my sweet girl, she was super pumped to hand out her Valentines at school yesterday. Over the last couple of weeks we made all of her Valentines, she signed her name on each one, and wrote each child's name on the envelopes. I'm so proud of her.
I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day! I know we did. Wishing you all love from our corner of the world.

~Melody :-)

1 comment:

Carly said...

I'm sure your kids love that Valentine's Day is such a special holiday!