We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers. - I Thessalonians 1:2


Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, December 24, 2007

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (Riggs Style)

So, God keeps on blessing me when I least deserve it. For the first time since I've been out of high school, I have been able to enjoy so many wonderful aspects of the Christmas season without the dread of working retail. Walking into a store to buy something, and knowing I will never have to be on the other side of the counter again is a blessing beyond words. This is all in addition to having a wonderful job that is very flexible, gives me several holidays and off days, and has wonderful coworkers to boot. I can't think of many things this season that have really reached a "stress" point. It's truly a blessing.

To that point, next years holiday season will be even more blessed. Despite all the lack of sleep, and financial planning, and all the other undertakings we will have as new parents, it's so exciting to think of having a little one crawling (or possibly walking) under the tree next year. being so close is sort of surreal. You see all of the tangible reminders, and know it is coming, and you feel the change beginning inside of yourself, but there is a part that is just missing. This of course would be Cate in physical form with us, not still in utero. I'm sure I will ball when she is actually here, and I can't wait to be the man that she looks up to. I can't wait to treat her like a princess, and teach her what to look for in a guy, and how to avoid the wrong kind of guy. It's just going to be a great testimony of God's love for Mel and me. Our family is an embodiment of that love. How crazy is that?

In the meantime, it is still Christmas Eve, and I have some house work to do before we go enjoy some festivities. And then the morning we've all been waiting for. I think Santa did well this year for Mel and the girls. A Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night. :)

- Papa E

No comments: